Saturday, January 05, 2008

Mannequin

I pray my next song would make you cry. I pray my next song would touch the heart of anyone who hears it. I really love the lyrics. And it has taken me awhile to match the music to it so that it would fit perfectly. This would be my first song for the year 2008. I hope I can get down to recording it soon, so that everyone/anyone/people can hear it, and feel it. The many layers would be a pain. But the end product would be the most rewarding thing I would ever feel.

I've successfully married the lyrics and music together on the night of 4th January 2008.

___________________________________________________________

Mannequin

Could I tell you a story
About a girl I met very recently
She was telling me beautiful dreams
and love in her reality
She had all that she wanted in him
How they met and ran away with
Words and time - Together.

Could I tell you I met her again
She was crying
So scared to repent
She said: "Everything, everything was a lie"
"Everything, everthing was her lie."

She was on the bus that night
Heading home when she thought about the show she watched
And it hit her, it hit her
Through and through
She said: "Oh my God, I've been in love with a mannequin of you."

She ran home so fast just to check if it's true
And she screamed for "him" to reply
Just a 'Hello' will do won't you say it back to me now
I can't take this silence, no I can't take this loneliness again.

Is that all - I will ever have of you.
Just a mannequin, a mannequin.
Of You.


Joyner
___________________________________________________________

No comments: