Monday, November 05, 2007

laconism

The weather tonight sure reflects my thoughts. It is calming to stand in the rain; it reminds me that I am still here. I would have walked all the way back home in the rain, but I recalled a vision; I was walking and the sky gave way to a beam of light, it was the most beautiful phenomenon I have ever seen. But it hit me, as I felt my legs gave way and I was falling. That interval, that moment, I felt I was home.

Try keeping quiet the whole day; it drives people around you crazy. This is what you do if you want to inflict frustration and pain to another fellow human; silence and distance best trick in the book. I have done it and the only hypothesis derived; my silence causes panic. Trust me I didn’t do it on purpose. Sometimes it just gets too loud in my head making it tricky to filter the voices within. I hate seclusion but I want to be alone. Does it make sense?

The truth is I hear voices; therefore my trusty pen and note pad are always near so that I can let these voices take the shape of words. Maybe only now can I provide an explanation to my eccentric writings and the way I compose my songs. Not that I take pleasure in the lack of understanding from what others feel in what I write. It sure makes me uneasy when I cannot be understood. It has been a long while since I wrote a song and I cannot let myself slip again, to use an old memory when the new is not potent enough to aid me in my next creation.

I've never known, and never owned you.


No comments: